Sunday, July 5, 2015

FOOOOD FIGHT!!!

“For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.”
                                                                                                      Book of Ephesians 6:12 (NASB)

As a young city boy growing up in the hood (North Philly), I used to throw a fit when my mother would send me and my sister Pam to visit my grandmother in Washington, North Carolina, affectionately known as “Lil Washington.”  Lil Washington was a place of no public transportation, dirt roads and no sidewalks. The highlight of my visit was getting a cheese hot dog and Dr. Pepper soda from the diner my grandmother worked at called Pop Craters (at least that’s what I thought it was called). I remember one time it rained so hard that the water came up to the porch. When the rain stopped, the neighborhood kids swam in the muddy water…YUCK!

Now, 40+ years later, I find my spirit longing for that place of dirt roads and past ancestors. Now, living in an area of horn honking, constant sirens and consistently delayed public transportation my cry has become “I want a farm” every time I get to experience rudeness, incompetence and a flat out I don’t give a damn about no one but myself attitude. My soul constantly cries out “I want a farm!”
In my mind, a farm is a place of solace where we can commune with nature, grow our own food supply and live life how the creator intended us to live as self-sufficient stewards of the Earth. After all, sacred text says that God placed (wo)man in the Garden and supplied them with everything they needed, did it not?

Now here’s another reason I want a farm:

I recently came across an article entitled “Monsanto seeks merger with Syngenta to control more than 35% of the worlds seed supply.” If you’re unfamiliar with Monsanto and or Syngenta these are two of the top three companies that control the world’s seed supply, the very seed that is used to plant the fruits and vegetables that you consume every day. No one entity should wield this much power over your food supply and the way folks eat you are practically begging to become sick slaves again. Remember, slavery wasn’t about race, it was initially about economics and still is….believe that! Monsanto and Syngenta as well as the other agribusiness companies want to be your god (with a little g) they’re already your source of food and medicine. That’s right, these two agrochemical companies that decided to get into the food business are most likely on their way to becoming partners in crime against humanity. So far, Syngenta has turned down Monsanto’s bid of $45 billion dollars (yep I said billion) Monsanto wants the merger so bad that they offered Syngenta $2 billion dollars if the merger doesn’t go through.

Family, these devils aren’t playing and we need to stop playing too. Educate yourselves and make some lifestyle changes, support your local farmers that are not in bed with these rulers of darkness. Grow your own vegetables! Look, I live in a townhouse outside of Washington, D.C. and I have started a garden on my deck, preparing for the day when we can proudly proclaim “we got our farm.”

This is the link to one of many articles on the subject: 

Here’s a picture of the garden on da deck….give it a minute!

If there is a local farmer’s market in your area, shoot me the name and location so I can share it with our readers!





 Hit me up via:
Instagram- @ourj120
Twitter - @journeyto120
Youngevity store - kevinq.youngevity.com




                                                                                                           

2 comments:

  1. Blacks are in a one sided relationship with the Democratic Party.
    Gay community got what they voted for and illegal immigrants
    Got what they voted for; yet it appears Blacks are still hoping to get their ducks in a row to get something. And what should blacks put on the table for 2016
    Presidential campaign? Please don't say reparation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The invisible flag still waves

    ReplyDelete