Friday, June 19, 2015

DO YOU WANT YOUR 120?



 

There are 3 types of people in the world….those that watch things happen, those that make things happen and those that ask what happened!

 

Some of the comments and questions directed my way concerning the concept of living to age 120 are really interesting! Some people say…

 

“I don’t think the bible meant that literally…”

And

“I would love to get my 120 if it is Gods will…”
 
Some people seem to hate good news , ask Jesus!

 
To these folks I say “don’t focus on the number, but the process!”

 
I wanted to do this blog to encourage people to maximize their full potential in life. I don’t want anyone to waste days because as we all know, tomorrow is not promised!

 

So what I want to know is what are you doing to get your 120?

 

Have you changed your diet, begun to exercise more, changed jobs or just decided to spend more quality time with your loved ones? See, all these things add years to your life and allow your whole self to be more balanced.

 

Life is all about balance. It is so easy to get caught up in the rat race. We get up, sit in traffic, go to work, sit in more traffic, go home, watch TV for a few hours and then go to bed. Over and over and over this is our routine, (whew that’s enough of that).

 

It took me two weeks to write another entry for this blog, because I had so many things pulling me in different directions, but the main one was the dreaded 9-5 or in my case the 9-6.

 

In December of 2014, I decided I had to make a change in my work schedule for the betterment of my spiritual, mental and physical health.  I was allowed to go to a four-day work week by my employer (thank you)! We live in a society that has a seven day week and the thought of me giving up five of my precious days to work and only having two for my family (and me) just did not seem right! So, now I work four days a week with Monday off.  Having Monday off was important to me since it is pretty much the beginning of a normal (or abnormal), depending upon your perspective, work week. Yes, there are some financial ramifications for my decision, but for me working on Monday wasn’t going to make me a financially wealthy man. Working four days instead of five has allowed me to focus more on my family, health and fulfilling my passions. I often get asked “what started me on this journey to 120? When I look back on the last year, I believe that was the beginning. I didn’t know it then, but I see it know.

 

So, I ask my question again… “What are you doing to get your 120?”

 

Another decision I made to help me get my 120 was to become a Youngevity distributor.  I am a user and distributor of this wonderful, effective nutrition line. Check it out here kevinq.youngevity.com

1 comment:

  1. Love this entry and I totally agree. Its really not about getting to the "age" of 120 but living a "full life" of health, balance and family.

    ReplyDelete